Guaranteed average infeed capacity for (see specifications below*)
|Household cable mixed with electronic cable||140 ||230 (505)||kg/h||(lbs/h)|
|Mixed household cable||200 (440)||330 (730)||kg/h||(lbs/h)|
|Telephone cable||150 (330)||250 (550)||kg/h||(lbs/h)|
|Power cable||400 (880)||460 (1020)||kg/h||(lbs/h)|
|Floor space required (machines only)||8 (86)||13 (140)||m²||(sq.ft)|
|Recomm. size of building (min.))||100 (1100)||150 (1600)||m²||(sq.ft)|
|Height of dust filter||3485 (11'5")||3485 (11'5")||mm||(ft)|
|Installed power||32 (42)||49 (66)||kW||(hp)|
|Power consumption, approx.||26 (35)||37 (50)||kW/h||(hp/h)|
|operators for plant||1||1/2||operator|
|for pre-sorting & pre-cutting||1 - 1 1/2||1/2 - 1||assistant|
|Containers for transport||1 x 20||1 x 20|
|Lengh requirement on trailer||3.4 (12')||5.6 (18")||m||(ft)|
|Weight of plant||3.3 (8370)||4.9 (12,100)||tons||(lbs)|
|Installation time||15 min.||1/2 day|
* Capacities listed above refer to cable with follwing specifications:
|Copper content||Using granulator screen with hole diameter|
|Household cable mixed with electronic cable||34%||Ø 4 mm (1/6")|
|Mixed household cable||38%||Ø 5 mm (1/5")|
|Telephone cable||50%||Ø 4 mm (1/6")|
|Power cable||65%||Ø 7 mm (1/3 - 1/4")|
Above capacitis figures are based on real production data. Capacities and copper content can vary depending on type of cable.
Minumum purity of copper granules
- Household cable mixed with elextronic cable 99,5%
- Mixed household cable 99.7%
- Telephone cable 99.8%
- Power cable 99.9%
If there is a relatively large amount of rubber insulation, the above purity values will be approx. 0.5% lower.
- For rubber cable the capacity will be approx. 30% less than stated above.
- Rough chopper MRC 15-680 having a screen with holes 12x12 mm (1/2 x 1/2")has a capacity of approx. 400 kg/h (880 lbs) for mixed copper cable.
- The number of persons required for pre-sorting, pre-cutting and possibly cable stripping can vvary significantly depending on the type of cable.
- The transport volumes do not include the opeional equipment for recovery of fine copper from mthe insulation.
Time required for screen and knife replacement
|Rough chopper||1/2 hour||4-5 hours|
|Granulator||10 min.||1 hour|
|Pre-adjustment - in external jig: Granulator rotor knifes||20 min.|
Knife wear - throughput between resharpening
|Type A||Type B|
|Granulator||6 (13,000)||11 (24,000)||t (lbs)|
|Rough chopper||Rough chopperThe rotor knives cannot be resharpened but all 4 edges can be used.||The fixed knives cannot be resharpened but 2 adges can be used.||Total life span for both knives: 500 metric tons (2.300,000 lbs)|
Screen wear - throughput between replacements
|Type A||Type B|
|Granulator||80||160 metric tons|
|Rough chopper||--||1500 metric tons|
Regrinding of Granulator knives
This is done on a normal surface grinding machine, suitable bet length minimum 1100 mm (= 4").
- Rotor knives can be reground 8-10 times.
- Fixed knives can be reground 6-8 times.
Above-stated data for capacities and wear are average values and may vary depending on the type of cable.